Since last month we posted fun facts about OUR teeth we thought why not go a little further and post fun facts about animal teeth? So here goes:
1. Sharks lose their teeth weekly, which are then replaced by new teeth
2. You can tell a Dolphins age by counting the rings on their teeth
3. An elephants molars can weight up to 10 pounds!
4. Giraffes have 32 teeth, just like humans.
5. Moose do not have upper teeth. They only have bottom teeth!
6. Frogs have teeth, but toads don’t. I wonder why that is? Poor Toads.
7. During the Middle Ages in Germany, people believed that kissing a donkey relieved toothaches!
8. Sometimes dogs need root canals too! If a dog is suffering from a dental pulp infection a pet dentist preforms a root canal similar to how its preformed on humans!
9. A snail’s mouth is no larger than the head of a pin, but it can have over 25,000 teeth!
10. A species of bird called the crocodile bird flies into the open mouths of crocs and cleans their teeth for them! Lucky crocodiles!